Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dr. Bronner's Magic 18 in 1 Soap

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, 18-in-1 Hemp Almond, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)  Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, 18-in-1 Hemp Unscented Baby Mild, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, 18-in-1 Hemp Tea Tree, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)




Dr. Bronner’s Magic 18 in 1 Soap



*Completely Biodegradable and Vegetable-Based
*Made with Certified Fair Trade and Organic Oils
*Multi-Purpose: 18-in-1 Uses
*No Synthetic Foaming Agents, Thickeners or Preservatives
* 100% Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Cylinder Bottles and Paper Labels
*Simple, Ecological Formulations Based on Old-World Quality and Expertise
*#1-Selling Natural Brand of Soaps in North America


Some of uses for the Soap:
Shaving
Shampoo
Hair Conditioner
Massage
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Bath and Body Wash
Fragrant deodorant
Facial pack
Facial mask
Wash for insect bites
Insect repellent
Laundry Soap
Dish Soap
Hand Soap
Fruit and Veggie Wash

**You will have to play with the dilution of the product for each use. The product is very concentrated.

I have used it as a Body Wash and loved it.  Iused it to shave my legs..... and loved it.I used it as a shampoo. I like it ...but it weighed down my hair a little. I would not want to use it everyday. It would be a good clarifying shampoo for occasional use. I used it as a mouthwash....it was OK. It was a little soapy tasting. But I think that was my fault.....I may have not diluted it enough.

I plan to try it as Laundry Soap. I read somewhere that the performance is enhanced by a sprinkle of Baking Soda. And because the soap is oil based, you need to watch out for oil spots on the clothing. But with careful dilution and the right amount of baking soda it works very well.

I think the price is very good for all the products it could potentially replace. But we will see about that........

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Any tips or hints??


Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, 18-in-1 Hemp Lavender, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)  Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Pure-Castile Soap, 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint, 32-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps Organic 18-in-1 Hemp Pure Castile Liquid Soaps Peppermint 2 fl. oz. (Pack of 12)

1 comment:

e4 said...

We have some, though we haven't explored all of it's uses. One thing I've discovered is that it does something odd when combined with vinegar. It's not a big deal, but it kind of curdles or something. Diluted in water, it just turns very cloudy.