Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's for Dinner- Green Bean and Pasta Salad

This one is not so much for Dinner but for Lunch. I noticed on my days off, I tend to either go for some fast food or just snack all afternoon until it is time to fix dinner. And usually my choices aren't so good.

So on my next days off I am making this for Lunch.




Green Bean and Pasta Salad

Cook 1 1/4 cup Penne Pasta per package directions. Add 1cup Green Beans during the last 3 minutes of the pasta's cook time. Drain and run under cool water to cool.

Toss Pasta and Green Beans with 1 cup Red or Kidney Beans (I don't like either so I used Chick Peas).

Add 1/4 cup of Flat Leaf Parsley, 2 T Parmesan Cheese, 2 T Olive Oil, 2 T Lemon Juice, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp Pepper. Toss to coat.

Divide into 2 containers and refrigerate.




border="0" alt="H‘nSaModerateLife">