Monday, June 29, 2009

Chick Peas

Beans are great food storage items. I have a variety of beans in my food storage. Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Great Northern Beans, Pork and Beans and Garbanzo Beans or as they are better known.....Chick Peas.

I like Chick Peas! But I am sure there are other ways to eat them besides in Salads and to make Hummus. So I am doing a little internet research to find some Chick Pea Recipes.

I thought I would share some of the recipes with you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Four Bean Salad

1 (14 ounce) can green beans
1 (14 ounce) can yellow beans
1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped

Directions
Open and drain the green and yellow beans, discard liquid. Put drained beans in large bowl.

Open and drain chickpeas and kidney beans, discard liquid. Rinse well with water before adding the drained beans to bowl with the other beans.

Mix white sugar, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together in small bowl until sugar has dissolved to make the marinade.

Add chopped green pepper and chopped onion to marinade in small bowl.

Add marinade with peppers and onion to beans in larger bowl.

Mix together well.

Let marinate in fridge for 8 to 24 hours.

No comments: