We went to Home Depot, which was packed by the way. I think everyone had the same idea we had.
We got lots of lumber, some garden soil, manure and other miscellaneous items.
By the time we were done, the Truck was squatting really low in the back!! We got it home and and starting working!
I added 4 big bags of garden soil to this bed.
I used my version of the "lasagna method" in building this bed.
I will pick up some native Ohio plants on Friday from
Each year they have a Native Plant Sale to raise funds.
This is the Blackberry Bed.
I added 2 big bags of garden soil here.
I am planning on putting some plants behind
the Blackberry to pretty it up a bit.
Next we did the second raised bed.
Matt did a great job constructing it and putting it place.
We have to get some topsoil and amendments
in here and it will be all ready to go!
I planted some carrots, spinach and lettuce seeds
in the first raised bed too!
Next was Matt's pet project.
The Grape Arbor.
It is a 2x6 ft bed with uprights and lattice
for the grapes to grow on.
(He didn't get enough wood for the top.
He will head back to Home Depot today.
Because no home improvement project is complete
without multiple trips to Home Depot!)
And finally, I put my clothes line out.
We got alot done yesterday.....Go Barber Bunch!