Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Super Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I had some crushed pineapple that need to be used in my food storage.
I was thinking..... now what can I do with this???
Then I saw the yellow cake mix and said.....Pineapple Upside Down Cake!!




I prepared the cake per box instructions but I used whole egg powder instead of fresh eggs.
I always have whole egg powder on hand.
Makes it easy to bake when you don't have any fresh eggs.


I drained a little of the juice of the the pineapple and
then spread it in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
You could also use round pans.
You can also add maraschino cherries at this point if you wanted too.



Next, I sprinkled about 2 cups of brown sugar over the pineapple.



Place the cake batter on top of the pineapple mixture and
bake per package directions.
 375 degrees for 35 minutes.


Here it is just out of the oven.
Doesn't look like much......
But when you cut it and flip the piece of cake over

Ta Da!!!!!


Pineapple Upside Down Cake


Couldn't be easier and it all came from my food storage!!!

No comments: