Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's for Dinner? Potato Soup



My Grandma Jordan made the best Potato Soup. I am always leery of trying or making Potato Soup...... I just know that no one can make it the way Grandma used to.

I found a recipe for Potato Soup the other day and I thought I would give it a whirl. I am pleased to say that it is ALMOST like what Grandma used to make.

Potato Soup

3 tbsp Butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 cups Milk ( whatever you use daily)
2 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

Melt butter in saucepan over LOW heat. Add Flour. Stir constantly until smooth.

GRADUALLY add Milk, Potatoes, Onion, Salt and Pepper

Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and potatoes are done.

Shown here served with bacon bits, cheese and chives.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

Rue said...

Hi Carolyn :)

That looks really really good! I'll have to try it :)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
rue