I store some Spam in my Food Storage. I am always looking for Spam recipes. I found one today and I am going to give it a try for Dinner. I think I will throw in some stir fry veggie mix to add some vegetables to the recipe
Sweet and Sour Spam
1 can SPAM:
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ginger powder:
1/2 to 1 cup apple cider, white, or red wine vinegar:
1 can chunk pineapple: save 1/2 cup juice
1/2 to 1 cup ketchup:
1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar:
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 cup water:
1) cut the spam into 1/2 inch squares and add to frying pan.
2) Add onion, garlic, and ginger powder
3) Remove spam from heat when all sides are crispy brown.
4) Add apple cider or red wine vinegar, cubed pineapple, ketchup, and brown sugar.
5) Bring to boil, reduce heat, and let simmer 5 minutes.
6) Add spam.
7) Add 2 tbsp cornstarch to 1 cup water, mix, and then add to sweet and sour mixture. Sauce should thicken as it returns to a boil.
8) Serve over rice.