Monday, September 28, 2009

What I am Collecting

Barber Dimes

Barber Dimes were minted from 1892 to 1916. Barber Dimes were very popular, replacing the 55-year old Seated Liberty design.

You can learn more about The Barber Coins at Barber Coin Collectors' Society

Why?
Well..... The last name of Barber of course!
And we wanted to start collecting some silver and gold coins. Gold Coins are a little out of price range right now. So I started collecting these dimes when I found out about them.

So far my source has been e-bay. There is nothing like winning an auction!!

So far, I have coins from 1892, 1898, 1909, 1910, 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916.

These coins are really cool. Not only because the name but because they have been around for so long. When I got the 1892 coin, I got kind of lost imagining all the places that coin been and wondering how many people have held it.

No comments: