Friday, May 1, 2009

3 Month Food Plan

Make a list of foods you eat on a regular basis, and determine how much you would go through in three months.

Gradually purchase these foods in bulk as they go on sale.

Use and rotate these foods in all your daily cooking.

Constantly replenish the stocks of these foods as they go on sale again.

Don’t forget to include non-food items in this step as well.

Get a 3 month supply of NECESSITIES such as diapers, medications, toilet paper, toiletries, etc.



Benefits include: saving money by buying foods on sale and having foods you normally eat in times of economic or any other type of hardship.

Our 3 Month Food Storage saved us when we had a few months of no income from me. We were able to make some basic meals and didn't have to spend alot of money at the Grocery Store at that time. We only had to buy milk and eggs for the most part.

I always try and catch meat when it goes on sale.
(I forgot to take a picture of our full Freezer. It is a little weird but it gives me joy to have a full Freezer.

We are slowly getting our 3 Month Food Supply all stocked up again. I am still working on getting our stockpile built up from that time. I buy 2 or 3 of most stuff when I go to the Store now.

3 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Love your stocks so neatly done on shelving. I have it, but it is hard to fit in cabinets and closets. My garage just gets too hot in summer. Do you have the same problem or are you fortunate in a basement!

Marie said...

Lots of good advice--and hey, it's great to have a full freezer!

Little Ant said...

One of my "big plans" this summer is to reorganize my long term storage. It gets so cluttered when space is at a premium as it is here. Your stores look great.